2017年5月6日星期六

Stuffed Tofu Puffs with Sweet and Spicy Sauce (酿蔬果豆腐卜)



I first met this Stuffed Tofu Puffs at a cafe,
where I was enjoying my Sunday breakfast with my family.
The moment I took my first bite,
I knew I will be duplicating this in my kitchen one day.

Here is my own version based on what I can remember 
and what I have in my kitchen.





The shredded cucumbers, carrots, shengkuang and bean sprouts made the dish crunchy and refreshing, while the crushed peanuts and sweet and spicy sauce added an appetizing touch to the dish.
All in all, it makes for a thoroughly enjoyable snack!








Stuffed Tofu Puffs With Sweet And Spicy Sauce( 酿蔬果豆腐卜)
Yields 16 pcs

Ingredients:
4 Packets Tofu Puffs (8 pcs)
120 g Beans Sprouts, blanched
120 g Cucumber, peeled and shredded
120 g Chinese turnip/shengkuang, peeled and shredded
80 g Carrot, peeled and shredded
1 Cup Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped

Sweet And Spicy Sauce
250 g Gula Melaka (Dark Palm Sugar)
200 ml Water
2 Red Chilies, seeded and finely chopped
6 Bird’s Eye Chilies, finely chopped
1 ½ tsp Roasted Shrimp Paste (Optional)
1 ½ Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
½ tsp Sea Salt
80 g Tamarind Paste, mixed with 300ml of Water, discard solids









Grill the tofu puffs lightly on both sides.




Shred all kinds of veggies and fruits.





Method

1.  In a medium saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes (scoop out 5 tbsp sauce from the saucepan and mix with 2 tbsp of flour. Mix well and pour it back to the saucepan to thicken the sauce).

2.  Prepare the tofu puffs by slicing the puffs into 2 diagonally. Grill the tofu puffs lightly on both sides. Next, stuff the puffs with bean sprouts, carrots, Chinese turnip/shengkuang and cucumber, then drizzle with some sweet and spicy sauce and scatter some chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.




This dish is quite healthy as not a single drop of oil is used in making it.



My family loved it, especially NaNak, who can't stop singing praises of it!




@@@@@ Enjoy ! @@@@@@




1 条评论:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...